Zemessardzes patruļa 2011 (9-11 SEP 2011)
Latvian National Guard in collaboration with Latvian Shooting Federation and 52 infantry battalion of the National Guard is organizing International military patrol “Zemessardzes patruļa 2011”.
The competition will be held from 9th to 11th September 2011 and it will take place in Kalnciems “Ložmetējkalns”, region of Jelgava (~ 50 km southwest from
This year it will be 19th International military patrol. And we would like to invite Your team to this competition.
2. TIME FRAME
Arrival: 9 September (not later than 4:00 p.m.)
Departure: 11 September
Please plan your arrival to get in time for competition beginning!!!
Accommodation will be supported only during competition days (in tents).
5. TRANSPORT: Arrival to
6. MEAL ARRANGEMENT On the participant expenses.
Participation fee for this competition is 80 euro per team.
Most establishments in Riga accept major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Eurocard.
national currency LATS (Ls) pegged to the EUR at 1:70.28 santims
(0.7028 Lats). Cash machines are available widely in Riga and other big
cities. Rates at currency exchanges do not differ much from one
exchange to the next.
Language during the competition will be English/Latvian.
Type of the competition
the distance, including several tasks and checkpoints, will beapproximately 20 - 25 kilometers. There possibly will be followintasks during the patrol: orienteering, map navigation, mines
and mine field identification, night shooting with assault rifle AK-4,
pistol shooting, artillery, assembling rifles, object reconnaissance,
first aid, test about military technique and units, obstacle zone, military low, commando march, fighting enemy forces, survival.
All the participants must be insured and insurance policy must be presented to organizers.
1. Teams from the Latvian National Guard battalions and National Armed Forces units (MP, Special Forces, Defense Academy, military schools and Land Force units) of the Republic of Latvia as well as teams from foreign countries (number of teams are not set) are welcome to this competition.
2. There are four participants in the team.
Necessary equipment during the distance for each soldier: 2 pairs of
BDU, 2 pairs of boots, backpack, poncho, belt, tactical vest, first aid
packet, flask, 2 liters of water, torch, rope (at least 9 mm thick and
4 mlong), sleeping bag, sleeping pad, food ration for 24 hours, pen and
notebook, binocular (one per team) compass (for each participant), gas
mask, pocket knife. One mobile phone and binoculars requested for one
Dead line 02.09.2011.
10. BASIC RULES FOR THE COMPETITION
1. It is forbidden to use any adjuvant or manuals during the competition.
2. The minimal weight of the back pack is
3. The descriptions of the tasks will be available in each control point in a written form.
4. It is team leader responsibility to check the correct written timings in the team task list in each control point.
5. All soldiers have to wear uniform during the competition days.
6. All the competitors must follow the safety rules (instruction before competition) to avoid accidents during the patrol.
7. All participants have to follow the orders given by the team leader.
8. All participants must be insured and insurance policy must be presented to organizers.
9. Each competitor must be aware about his own training level and physical, health condition.
10. Each competitor is responsible for his damaged or lost equipment.
11. Team leader is responsible in case if someone of the team gets wounded.
12. Team leader is responsible for material damages given to civilian properties.
13. The medical assistance will be available during the competition. There will not be any medical exams before the competition.
14. Patrol team can continue the competition with three members (not less).